STEM Diploma Endorsement Program
Students enrolled in the SQHS Stem Diploma Endorsement Program will participate in a unique academic program that includes math, science, and technology courses. Sequoyah's STEM program is directed toward promoting the importance of high school achievement and the value of rigorous course work. The goal of the program is to prepare students for college readiness in science, technology, engineering, and math disciplines. Students completing the program will earn a Stem Diploma and receive special recognition at graduation. Stem Honors participants will also receive a Stem Honors Cord.
STEM Program Benefits
1. Stem-Endorsed Diploma
2. Special Recognition at Graduation. Stem Honors Graduates will also receive a Stem Honors Cord.
3. Exciting Stem field trips and stem-related projects
4. Priority registration for courses
STEM Program Requirements
1. Complete the course requirements as specified in the chose 4-year STEM Plan
2. Maintain a 3.0 unweighted GPA. Students who fall below a 3.0 GPA will have a
semester to regain the required GPA
3. Maintain an acceptable discipline record. (No assignments to ISS or OSS) Subject to administrative review.
4. Complete a Scientific Research paper during the junior or senior year. Must be about chosen STEM focus.
5. Participate in STEM Field trips.
6. Participate in annual STEM day.
See Four Year Plan and STEM endorsement letter of intent below.
For more information, contact Justin Woody, Cheryl Arp, Bryan Williamson